Tuesday 7 July 2015

My Travel Personality





















This months theme on the Travel Link Up is to do with your own personal travel personality. The rules are that the first week of that month (1st-7th) you have to write a blog keeping to that specific theme.

What is my travel personality?
I am both an organised and a spontaneous person when I am travelling. I dont always plan a full itinerary for my trip and I like to see how each day plans out and make plans as I go along throughout my holiday. However before I travel anywhere I research the best hotels and I love to find holidays, to see pictures of where I will be travelling too and to go through the booking process because I find it really calming and quite fun. Whilst I am on holiday I enjoy to look in maps and leaflets and see where the best places to go are and I make a schedule for the trip when I have arrived at my destination but if things dont go to plan then I dont really mind.







































Packing?
I always pack far too much stuff that is quite unnecessary at times and I also have to take an extremely large suitcase even though I mostly go for a week at a time but I always take far too many clothes for the week. I always pack swimming things for every day, outfits for the day and night, far too many shoes, two bags full of makeup and skincare essentials, hair care stuff etc.. I then repack about 3 times before I am satisfied with what I am taking with.





















Seeing the sights
When I have arrived at my destination I love to see the different sights and to learn a bit about the history of that particular country. When I went to Budapest earlier on this year myself and my boyfriend went to the Synagogue and we learnt so much about what the Jewish population of that part of Budapest had to live with. We also found it really interesting seeing all of the pictures and reading the facts that went with the pictures. And in France we went to see the roman ruins and all of the sights to do with that part of Frances history. I love to see all of the architecture and to see the sights as well as having fun and seeing the touristy landmarks as well.




















The Relaxing Traveler 
When on holiday I also really love to relax whilst getting a tan and reading a book or listening to music. I love to lounge around and to sleep in and just to relax and forget about reality. I always manage to fall asleep in the sun especially after I have had a nice relaxing swim or I feel a bit worse for wear after the previous night.





















The food that I eat whilst on holiday
When I am on holiday I love to try food that I might not have had before or the locals favourites. I also eat alot of fish and seafood whilst on holiday but I do sometimes pig out even when I try to eat healthily and more fresh food than what I would eat back at home. I dont really like to eat in any fast food places that you can eat from back at home because I like to eat things that you wouldn't normally find if you wasn't on holiday.

















Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

I am definitely an extrovert! I love to meet new people and to find out about their own travel experiences and their stories and even though I can sit by the pool happily reading my books on my kindle for hours I have to be able to go and do something fun whether that be go out to explore or to go out for the night with a few people. I have also added a few people that I have met on holiday (Tenerife) on Facebook and Instagram and I have got their numbers. We are also planning on meeting up with them in Doncaster and going back on holiday with them.

What are you? An Introvert or an Extrovert?

Make sure to check out KellyEmma, Rebecca and their guest host Catherine's blogs which are all part of the travel link up.

What is your travel personality?


4 comments:

  1. "I always pack far too much stuff that is quite unnecessary at times and I also have to take an extremely large suitcase even though I mostly go for a week at a time but I always take far too many clothes for the week." - So funny! I used to over-pack but then I found myself lugging around my suitcase all over Europe and that was the end of it. From then on I pride myself in packing light! Reading that part of your post made me laugh out loud at the memory of struggling with my suitcase in Venice (all the steps up and down the bridges).

    My travel personality: http://www.lifeismyoyster.com/my-travel-personality/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no that seems like such hard work lugging a suitcase all around Venice but it sounds like something that I would do! I just cant seem to pack lightly!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for joining in the linkup this month lovely - apologies for not having a chance to leave a comment - life just got a little crazy... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it Emma I know how life can get in the way sometimes! Thank you for making the topic for this months travel link up, I loved being apart of it. x

      Delete