Friday 3 July 2015

Cocktails at Dub Jam and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory!

On Tuesday the 30th June it was my boyfriends 22nd birthday and we had a lovely evening out in Covent Garden. First myself, my boyfriend and his parents went to dub jam for a few cocktails before the show at the Royal Drury London theatre. When you go downstairs it is a really relaxed atmosphere and it is underground which adds to the atmosphere. On Tuesdays there is also the bar takeover where you get to choose your own music and you can also make your own drinks with the help of the bar staff. I had a Jack Daniels and coke, Travellyn had a beer, his mum had a white wine and his dad had this frozen drink with passion-fruit and rum (but I could hardly taste the rum).





















We then walked over to the Royal Drury Lane to collect our tickets for the production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which I was so excited about as I have only seen the films which I love!




















The production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was so amazing and all of the actors did a really good job of bringing the play to life. I was sitting up on the balcony in the front row in seats A9 and A10 which was really close but we could still see everything fine and we could still enjoy it. The singing was brilliant but they only had one original song from the movie right at the end. There was sad moments and really happy ones that made everyone laugh! The set was also really fantastic and they did a really good job of turning Violet blue. We also got ice cream in the interval and then we got stuck right back into the second half of the production but unfortunately I couldnt take any pictures when the show was on. 

If you can I would really recommend you go and watch this at the theatre! The singing was brilliant, the set was really good and believable and everyone was in character throughout the whole production! A must see for everyone of all ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment